This archive contains photographs of artifacts from Middle Bass. This “original post” of the archive is dated September 2021; the date of additions to this archive will be noted here so viewers can check for new content.

Other archives:

Artifacts          Club Grounds          Documents          Guests          Maps          Members          Portraits

Return to main exhibit and essay


Three views of a fork used at the Middle Bass Club house.  Fork is stamped on the front with "Club House" (shown closer on the right) and was made by the Derby Silver Company which was founded in 1872 in Shelton, Connecticut.  The pattern is "The Derby" pattern (shown closer in the middle) which was patented in 1878  The Derby Silver Company had showrooms in New York City, Chicago and San Francisco during that time.  Source: Tom & Jenny Michael

Three views of a fork used at the Middle Bass Club house.

Fork is stamped on the front with "Club House" (shown closer on the right) and was made by the Derby Silver Company which was founded in 1872 in Shelton, Connecticut.

The pattern is "The Derby" pattern (shown closer in the middle) which was patented in 1878 The Derby Silver Company had showrooms in New York City, Chicago and San Francisco during that time.

Source: Tom & Jenny Michael

Flooring that was saved from the Middle Bass Club House and/or Rehberg Hall.  Source: Paul Aquilla

Flooring that was saved from the Middle Bass Club House and/or Rehberg Hall. Source: Paul Aquilla

Flooring that was saved from the Middle Bass Club House and/or Rehberg Hall.  Source: Paul Aquilla

Flooring that was saved from the Middle Bass Club House and/or Rehberg Hall. Source: Paul Aquilla

 

Tag from a wooden crate found at his Middle Bass Club cottage.  The wooden crate came from Lake Shore Foundry in Cleveland, Ohio via steamer to Middle Bass Island addressed to Middle Bass Club member Clarence Elisha Burke.  Circa 1890.  Clarence Elisha Burke was a Middle Bass Club member from 1890 to 1907.  He owned a cottage on Grove Avenue.  Source: Marie Demer Rader

Tag from a wooden crate found at his Middle Bass Club cottage. The wooden crate came from Lake Shore Foundry in Cleveland, Ohio via steamer to Middle Bass Island addressed to Middle Bass Club member Clarence Elisha Burke. Circa 1890. Clarence Elisha Burke was a Middle Bass Club member from 1890 to 1907. He owned a cottage on Grove Avenue. Source: Marie Demer Rader

 

BACK TO THE TOP ↑

Toledo's Attic and all contents herein are to be used for educational and scholarly purposes. U.S. and international copyright laws protect digital contents in this collection. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior permission of the copyright holder. Toledo's Attic by www.toledosattic.org is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.toledosattic.org.