In addition to digital collections, local archives and libraries also provide access to non-digitized materials such as paper- and film-based collections and analog sound and film recordings. These collections may not be available in digital form and will require an on-site visit. Access information about these collections through the links below.
- American Memory - Library of Congress Digital Collections.
- ArchiveGrid - Access to digitized finding aids to archival collections throughout the United States.
- ArchiveGrid search results for Toledo - use this overview to narrow search results by person, group, place, archive, archive location, or topic.
- Bowling Green State University, Center for Archival Collections
- National Archives
- National Archives - Presidential Libraries
- Ohio History Connection, State Archives
- Toledo Area Veterans' Oral History Interviews (Library of Congress)
- University of Toledo, Ward M. Canaday Center for Special Collections
- Toledo-Lucas County Public Library
- University of Toledo Libraries
- Way Library, Perrysburg
- WorldCat (Advanced Search) - Find archival material; select "Archival Material in the Format drop-down list.
- Bowling Green State University, Center for Archival Collections, Historical Collections of the Great Lakes
- Digital Collections of Northwest Ohio (Toledo Lucas County Public Library)
- Great Lakes Maritime Database
- Images in Time - A collection of Historical Photographs of Toledo and Northwest Ohio.
- Making of Modern Michigan
- Historic Old West End, Toledo, Ohio, and other Toledo Historic Buildings
- Seeking Michigan - A digital archive and blog related to Michigan's history.
- University of Michigan - MLibrary Digital Collections
- University of Toledo Digital Repository
- Way Library Digital Photo Archive